Google Search

Custom Search

Powered by...

Find us on Facebook

Monday 14 April 2008

Top tip for "My Movies" database connection issues

I was pulling my hair out in the past, because my "My Movies 2" program stopped working, every time I opened the Collection Manager it simply would not connect to my database.
After much reading and messing about, I came to the conclusion that my SQL database was fine and that the SQL Server service for My Movies was running ok.

I changed a registry entry for My Movies under HKLM\Software\My Movies\ changing the Server entry from the local loopback address 127.0.0.1 to the host name of my Vista Media Center PC and voila everything started working again.
Full details can be seen here on the My Movies forum.

1 comment:

Steven Lutz said...

Anny suggestions for XP users?