Google Search

Custom Search

Powered by...

Find us on Facebook

Tuesday 13 October 2020

Zebra roller blinds with DC 12V Motor and Qubino Z-Wave / Vera controller hub - Part 5

Parts onetwothree and four.

Finally I have my new Zebra blind installed and configured with my Vera home automation system. 

As previously mentioned I have not physically connected a wall switch to the Qubino DC Flush Shutter module, as I am utilizing my existing wall switch connected to a Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 module for my curtain track, you can see in the video here how it's working with this new Zebra blind. 

The wall switch is a single click up to open the curtains, a single click down to close the curtains and now thanks to some programming logic in Vera / PLEG a double click up on the wall switch opens the new Zebra blind, a double click down closes the Zebra blind and a triple click down opens the "Slats" of the Zebra blind, by opening / raising the blind 4% to let in daylight but still have some privacy. 

I have also programmed up my existing Aeotec Minimote Z-Wave remote control using buttons 3 and 4. I am running device toggle state scenes in Vera to open and close either the curtains or blind etc. 

I can also control the Zebra blind from the Imperihome Android control app, screen shots below or via voice commands to Google Home / Alexa. 

Here are some photos of the blind mounted:

Blind Closed:


Blind "Slats" Opened 4% raised:


Header rail or valance:



Here you can see the Qubino DC Flush Shutter module and then hidden away behind the blanking plate:



It is not the quietest or quickest blind motor but I expected that, DC motors tend to make more noise, than say my 240V AC Dooya tubular motor I have installed in my kitchen.

Youtube video here of the blind in action, with the Aeotec Minimote and the wall switch.





Some screen shots of the Imperihome control app on my Android tablet.

The device highlighted in green is the actual Qubino DC Flush Shutter device. 

Also highlighted in blue, I created a virtual on / off switch device in Vera and used some PLEG logic to enable me to have a device in the Imperihome app to "turn on" open the blinds "slats" to 4% and "turn off" close the blind again fully. 

This enables me to more easily open the blinds using the app to the required 4% for the "slats" to allow more daylight in, rather than me guessing what is 4% on the actual devices percentage slider.


And this it how the Imperihome app looks when the blind is fully closed:



Summary

Overall for the money I spent I am happy with the setup and the look of the blind. 

I am not affiliated with the supplier on Aliexpress, however Scott and their team at the Runxin Blinds Store are very good and I have purchased all my motorised window coverings from them. 

You can contact Scott to discuss your requirements and obtain a quote for the various motorised window covering solutions they offer. 

If you do contact them, please be sure to mention you were referred by "The Media Center Blog" however. From the store home page you can use the "Contact Now" link.





No comments: