Google Search

Custom Search

Powered by...

Find us on Facebook

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Z-Wave roller blinds with Dooya motor, Vera controller and Fibaro shutter module - Part 1

I recently purchased a motorised roller blind kit for my patio window, after looking at various motors, I decided to purchase the Dooya DM35S tubular motor, S being Standard with no inbuilt RF Radio receiver or remote control, as I plan to use a Fibaro Roller Shutter Z-Wave module.

I have used Dooya DT52S curtain rail motors before see here. I contacted several suppliers on Aliexpress and got some prices in the end I purchased the kit from Scott at Friend Industry Holding Co., Ltd who I have used before.

Scott is extremely helpful with good communication and I could recommend him highly. If you discuss your requirements with Scott he will be able to sort everything out for you. I don't get any commission or anything, but if you do make a purchase be sure to mention you were referred by The Media Center Blog.

Motor details:

1. Motor: DM35S-10/17 is used, strong power and low noise

   a. Mechanic limit switch

   b. Dot-move & light-adjust functions

   c. AC230V and AC120V for choice

My window recess width was 233 CM and the drop was 203 CM. I just gave Scott these measurements and he works out how long the tube should be and for the mounting brackets to fit etc. I wanted the motor on the left hand side and for the blinds to be mounted inside the window recess.



I purchased a full kit including the fabric, which will save me trying to source fabric locally. This includes everything you need, the motor, 50mm diameter tube, any crowns and adaptors and the mounting brackets. You can see one of Scott's listings here on Aliexpress, which shows the fabrics available, my wife choose a dark grey colour. For our size of blind, prices ranged from £165.00 to £178.00, also expect to pay some import taxes at your end.

As the motor is a AC230V motor, I will have to do some work on the wall to mount a wall switch and run an electric cable from a nearby fused spur, up to the wall switch and also connect the cable from the motor. I will just use a Scolmore Minigrid (MD075WH) 3 position retractive switch, same switch I always use for Fibaro shutter modules or the Fibaro Dimmer 2 modules, see here. These Scolmore switches and plates can be purchased from most online electrical wholesalers.



The following pictures are from the listing online, in part two I will take some un-boxing photos of the product, when it arrives !

Dooya DM35S Motor, mounting brackets, 50mm diameter tube and the bottom tension bar.









The Fibaro Roller Shutter module is a module I have used before with my Vera Z-wave home automation controller for curtain rails and I've not had any issues with them. 




"The radio-controlled Roller Shutter 2 works with motorized roller blinds, venetian blinds, awnings and gates. The Roller Shutter 2 is powered by a single-phase AC and provides precise positioning of blinds, awnings or gates so they can be set to the position you choose. The module is also equipped with a power metering feature when used with a FIBARO Home Center."

In part two here when my kits does arrive, I will take some un-boxing photos. 

No comments: