Google Search

Custom Search

Powered by...

Find us on Facebook

Wednesday 12 June 2013

My Movies Pro for MAC OSX adds XBMC Frodo metadata

My Movies have been working on improving their movie metadata services for XBMC Frodo with the recently released My Movies Pro for MAC OSX, these changes came in version 1.30 the current version is 1.31.

image

I recently wrote about my frustrations with My Movies metadata and XBMC here and since then things have improved considerably at least on the MAC, there is still no current support for TV Series metadata though just movie metadata. I am currently using the in-built TheTVDB scraper in XBMC for TV Series.

The My Movies team I can confirm are now also working on updating the Windows and WHS versions of My Movies to support XBMC Frodo better.

I have a 27” iMAC machine so was able to beta test this new version of My Movies Pro for MAC OSX. I will be comparing the My Movies metadata against the XBMC Universal Movie Scraper and I am using the Aeon MQ4 XBMC skin.

My Movies metadata for Bolt

image

Universal Movie Scraper for Bolt

image

My Movies metadata for Madagascar 2

image

Universal Movie Scraper for Madagascar 2

image

My Movies metadata for Nemo

image

Universal Movie Scraper for Nemo

image

Things that were previously broken and what they fixed:

Previously when using My Movies metadata for XBMC a movie title might look like the screen shot below, you can see various things were missing, like the rating logo in the top left corner, the actor images, country and some of the media info icons would be missing or incorrect. Studio icons would also not normally be displayed and the media type icons e.g. XVID, H.264 etc would either be missing or incorrect, also the duration times were all incorrect.

[Image: Nemo.png?psid=1]

The My Movies development team have now resolved these issues and generally the My Movies metadata is as good as what the XBMC Universal Movie Scraper is displaying. The only weak point is the Written By field which can be unavailable on some titles, as in the My Movies IMDB cast import option it did not import this historically, so now some titles have this data and some do not.

I am looking forward to testing the updated Windows versions!

No comments: