One of my favorite Media Center related applications has to be Media Center Studio which is the replacement of MC Menu Mender. Media Center Studio allows you to customize your Media Center setup by adding new themes and editing the Media Center start menu. The application is free and is developed by Advent from the Australian Media Center Community forums. You can download Media Center Studio from the website here.
Media Center Studio is a free application for Windows Vista and Windows 7 that enables you to customize Windows Media Center. It is the successor of MC Menu Mender, bringing it up to date for Windows 7 and adding support for theme application and editing.
- Edit your start menu - rearrange or disable native menu items
- Create your own menu strips, and your own items to go in them
- Monitors your application and returns to Media Center when it exits
- Set up a button on your remote to exit your application
- Create menu items that take you to native Media Center pages, or start media
- Apply themes to Media Center
- Create new themes or edit existing ones