Google Search

Custom Search

Powered by...

Find us on Facebook

Thursday 17 July 2008

BBC Radio plug-in for MCE



A BBC Radio plug-in for MCE has been released by Damian Mehers. It enables you to play the BBC Radio streams in Media Center. It has some ristrictions:

Your need Real Player installed
You need version 3.5 of the .NET framework installed. It is available here if you don’t have it (or if you are not sure).
It will not work with Extenders, since the BBC streams using Real Audio.

I've personally been doing this for some time now, using the Web Media plug-in to stream the BBC Radio channels and it does work on extenders for me and I don't even have to have Real player installed on the PC which is a good thing in my opinion. So I would say my solution works better for me anyways.

You can download BeebMC here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello, looks like a very cool plug-in, nice job! how easy would it be to add other net-radio stations to it and would it be something i could edit (not that i am very computer literate)?

thanks in advance for your advice,

M