Google Search

Custom Search

Powered by...

Find us on Facebook

Monday 28 April 2008

DVD Library on Extenders - How To

This is a very interesting development, a hack has been released that enables the DVD Library in VMC on the extenders. There was talk of just such a solution on the Green Button awhile ago now, I guess this is the result of those discussions.

This is a hack and your extender will still not natively play DVD vob's. This is a method that tricks the extender in to thinking a .vob is a .mpg file, with the use of symbolic links.
Also you will only get the main movie on the extender no menu's or extras.

DVD Library on Extenders - How To Guide

Here's the new discussion about it on TGB

I like what these guy's have done and it's a step in the right direction, but for me personally having already converted my DVD's to DVR-MS format as well, I think I'll stick with the My Movies add-in for use on the extenders.

2 comments:

Mike Powell said...

Hi Stuart. What did you use to convert your DVDs to dvr-ms format? I'm thinking this would provide the best extender experience for my DVD movies, but I'm not having much luck figuring out how to convert. Thanks!

CW-KID said...

I rip the main movie only from the DVD using Magic DVD ripper. I then use VideoRedo to convert to DVR-MS.
The convertion is quick only take 5-10 minutes as it's only changing the container from VOB to DVR-MS